Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Amazon, Day 1




Mãe drove me to São Paulo and I caught the flight to Manaus where I met up with 70 other exchange students from around the world. We didn´t do much that afternoon, just getting to know everyone and hanging out in the hotel. For dinner we went to the mall and then we went to this concert that night with wierd samba/funk music and hilarious dancing that we all tried to imitate. :) We were definetly ready to crash once we got back to the hotel though because I thought that São Paulo State was hot??!! HA! The Amazon is INSANE!! It´s SO stinkin´hot and humid...whew!! However, my roomate- Sally from New York- and I ended up talking with Julio the mexican guy out on his room´s (which was next door to ours) balcony (with a great view of Manaus and the Opera House from the hotel´s 15th floor) for like and hour and then once we went to bed we eneded up talking for like two MORE hours... so that was fun, but we ended up getting only like 3 and a half hours of sleep that night, lol. But it was a good first day. :D

PS. I´ve started slowly posting pictures on Facebook, if you want to check them out..
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=250&l=8b517&id=1588230003

No comments: