Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rapunzel, Or Window Troubles

They've been doing stuff to the living room floor- making it shiny and such- I've no idea what it's called...but we weren't supposed to walk on it for 24 hours. This presented an insteresting problem when I came home from school last friday to discover that the workers HAD decided (contrary to their earlier decision) to do the part of the floor that led to my room and bathroom at the corner of the house. So that night and the following day I was forced to sqeeze into my room through my widow. Which wouldn't have been so bad if not for two things: one, the latch got stuck in my hair and i had to call out to worker guys to come help me get it out which was quite embarasing; and two, that next morning found us in a tropical rain storm (not uncommon here, but HEAVY HEAVY rain that you don't see in washington). So when I ran around the house to get to breakfast, I had to take another shower after I returned because i was so soaked. It wasn't horrid or anything, just a rather odd experience.... I always felt like some sort of criminal perched on the outside ledge, attempting to wrestle with the window's rusty old hinges in the pouring rain... It was pretty hilarious though. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have to say Robin, I got quite a chuckle imagining you climbing through the window, getting your hair stuck, and calling on the workers for assistance! Thanks for the story, it put a smile on my face and gave me a little "Robin" fix until next time!
Rachel