Tuesday, February 26, 2008

a second cry.

So I had my second official cry today (the first was on Christmas when I called my family). I don't mean those tears of awe that fill my eyes when I view God's glory on display in His creation (it is SO beautiful here in Brasil) or those bittersweet tears that fall when something makes me think of and miss my family and friends back home and wish they were here with me to see and experience it... nope, not those kinds of tears. This was more like when the Ents broke the dam at Isengaurd (The Lord of the Rings); complete with red eyes, a runny nose, and pillow-hugging. It was brought on so suddenly and under such unusual circumstances (for crying) that I think I might've just been needing a really good sob. It was when I read my name in the updated Trinity Church Directory that I just lost it. It wasn't a horrible, grieving sort of cry, but it was long and hard nonetheless. I know it sounds silly and you might not understand, but I was just SO thankful for my church family. SO thankful that I was a part of that family. So thankful that the people there love me and pray for me. And it was just sort of overwhelming when, while I was overcome by such gratitude, I couldn't be with them... I suppose I did not realize how terribly I was going to miss them...
Please don't worry about me though- I'm okay now. It was... refreshing.
And I want all of you at Trinity Church to know that you're constantly in my thoughts and prayers and that I miss you very much and with no small amount of joy do I look forward to feasting with you again at the Lord's table. :)
May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with each of you this week.

-Robin

2 comments:

J-man said...

Robin,
You are missed very much by the Ghiglia family. How great it was to hear from you - all the way from Brazil! Hailey is still upset that she was not here when you called. We pray for you often. Just yesterday we pulled up to school and saw your car and Hailey said, "It's the Robin-mobile!" We look forward to your return. In the meantime, I have your mom right across the hall from me and I often run into her room to share a funny story and I love that! We all look forward to seeing you soon. Enjoy this time.

Much love,
Mrs. Ghiglia

J-man said...

Hey Robin,
How are you? I miss you so much,
I love you and I want you to know that I think about you everyday. I'm sure that you are having such a great time in Brazil. You are loved very much, and I'm always remembering you in my prayers. I hope you have a fantastic week.
Love,
Hailey Ghiglia