Tuesday, February 12, 2008

new email

Hey guys. I have been unable to access my hotmail account since my arrival in Brasil. I don't know (or really care) why- it just isn't working. Therefore I have opened up a new email account with gmail. My new email address is: robinlouisebowe@gmail.com ...thrilling. i know. but i couldn't really come up with a name that was both cool and not sound like i was in middleschool... so there you are.. but yeah. if you want to start sending me nice long emails, you are now free to do so. ;) ;) *nudge nudge*

Carnival was good. We went to a huge party in San Luis. I bought this sweet mask. It's covered in green sequins and feathers! :D We started school this week. It starts at 7AM and ends at noon. So far it's pretty cool (for school). Some of my teachers are neat while others are boring. I attempt to listen for like an hour or so to practice my portuguese, and then I just read or write letters or copy commonplaces from my books... for example, I read "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde today and the day before that I wrote out in my CP journal all my marked passages from Paraside Lost (and there were a butt-load, lol. it's such a good book!). So now that I'm in school I get more time to read.... Monday after our first day at school Mae, Leticia, Molly, and I drove to Sao Paulo and bought a bunch of school supplies and then we went to a bookstore (as i had been begging them to take me to a big one that might have books in english) and low and behold they had a fairly good selection. I bought: "The Inferno," by Dante; "The Importance of Being Earnest," by Oscar Wilde; "Don Quixote," by Cervantes; and last but not least, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through The Looking Glass," by Lewis Carroll. So it looks like I'm set for some good reading for the next little while :D . We then went shopping and got back to Pinda by 1Am... yuck. Well, I'll leave you there- now I'm off to the gym and then to bed because seriously- waking up at 6 is killing me! lol. :)

1 comment:

Jen Welch said...

Dear Robin, we miss you. It was great to talk to you the other day, but we still miss the random door bell ring and who should it be but Miss Robin on the other side! I'm glad that you are spening so much time reading and writing, it sounds like you are really doing well. You are in our prayers. Love you!!! Jen Miss Robin, I really want to go out to Aut-to mocha with you , because I miss those days. We are learning about bears in pre-k, it is so fun! Love you!! Mia