Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Argentine Tango

So last weekend we went to Sao Paulo for this friend-of-the-family's birthday. They had all these relatives there from Colombia, Chile, and Argentina. We partied hard. It was SO fun! We had this kareoke machine that played classsic samba and bossa nova stuff (in portuguese, obviously) as well as 2 old american songs: My Heart Will Go On, from Titanic and All I Ask of You, from The Phantom of the Opera. They made me sing both english songs. Leticia sang with me on the Titanic song while this guy from Argentina sang All I Ask of You with me. He was SO much fun! He and his wife honestly looked like Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones. And they danced like it too! His wife- and i feel terrible, but i forgot her name- she spent half the night teaching different salsa and tango moves to the Argentine music that her husband had blasting from his laptop. It was such a blast. When I get home I shall have to show you all my new moves, lol. ;)

No comments: