Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"Bunbury"ing

TOP SECRET

I have a job. And it's so perfect for my situation. I am truly blessed. One of the Rotarians who's working on my exchange, works with LINK. He offered me a job last sunday. So on Monday, I began my life as a Spy ;) . I'm working for LINK (bus) and I basically get paid to spy on the bus drivers. I make my own schedule off 1) the bus schedules and 2) whatever errands I need to run or places I need/want to go that day. I just write down if the drivers were nice, and if they drove well, and if they kept to schedule. (It's a bit more complicated than that, but I won't bore you with the details). I have to dress differently and try not to draw attention to myself and can't write notes down on the bus or anywhere near a bus-stop because they can't know the "secret shopper" (my job title) is there. It's pretty fun, because they're all on the lookout for the "secret shopper." :) So i call it "Bunbury"ing (like from The Importance of Being Earnest- which if you haven't seen, you need to) because I'm pretending to be someone I'm not. Anyway, it's all a big secret (which is why I'm publishing it on the internet..), so keep it hush-hush ;) . I figure no link bus drivers from Wenatchee are going to stumble across my blog and read this entry. So yeah, I'm still up for babysitting and any other work you all have for me. Just let me know, and I'll schedule around it. :) Thanks! Also, anyone want to ride the bus to Leavenworth with me on Saturday??? Just give me a call, I'd love some company and the drivers are less suspicious of me if i have a friend. ;)

-007, the "Bunburyist"

WARNING: THIS MESSAGE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5 SECONDS

No comments: